Wednesday, May 21, 2008

kono goro

Hmmm...
haven't had a whole lot to say/update my blog about recently, but here's some miscellaneous things that have been happening

1) Jacob&Marian got back from Venezuala, Jacob wrote some observations on his blog that were interesting. I especially agree with his last point

2) Watched American Idol for the first time last night. Well, because of the eye-rolling technically I can probably only say "I watched half of American idol for the first time".

3) Played Guitar Hero III on a friends Wii. creative.

4) While I was at Lowe's trying to find parts for a gizmo this morning, I was missing a party for one of my committee members who was promoted to a full tenure status professor. I wish I had a rewind-erase button for my life.

5) Got really pissed off at someone today because they were asking me for help with something that they clearly should have known how to do. Um... Marston? Aren't you glad God isn't so impatient with you? Darn it, this means I'm gonna have to apologize.

6) Set something straight that I wanted to for... um... ok how long has it been... 1 year plus 4 years plus 4 for college, then another 3 after that... 12 years?

7) Met a friend at the airport at 5AM. Returning to Korea and not coming back. I was previously angry with this person, but that completely dissipated, things were fixed, and it ended up being a really good thing.

8) Watched everyone in the office nearly faint when they walked into the lab that morning and saw me already there and working.

9) Stumped every professor I've talked to with the strange results I'm getting on my apparatus downstairs.

10) Read that "kono goro" translates into English "these days" according to a common textbook, thus explaining the high useage in a whole lot of emails from days past

11) Realized that you can't actually learn a language just by watching subtitled TV programs. It was worth a shot though...

Hmmm and more things, but they are pretty mundane, like, bringing my Hulusi to work but not playing it even once, having a strange hunch about the phase response reported by this array-evaluation code I'm working on, debugged the phase error, made some pretty graphs, built a strange thing out of PVC, still not sure what it really does but I'll figure it out tomorrow, um... bought some tasty looking sausage, and cereal, ripped a big hole in my jeans, decided I need them patched but that I'm not the one to do that, and other stuff along those lines. 12:40 is my cue to go home, I took some pictures recently of a PSCG outing, (highlights include Dan jumping over people), here's to hoping I'll post some later this week, actually here's more to hoping that Jacob will post some photos of Venezuela on his blog...

3 Comments:

Blogger -jacob said...

By the end of the weekend I promise.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Theologic said...

On #11, I assume that you were trying to learn Japanese by watching a lot of Bleach episodes.

I can tell you that I can validate your point. A lot of anime does nothing for the verbal skills.

5:12 PM  
Blogger tmm said...

Heh you got it, Uncle Ted. But I got a pretty killer "YEEeeeeeaaaaaaaarrrr" and "UUWWAAAAAAAAGGHHHHH" now

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home