Monday, March 31, 2008

...

Oh, also, forgot to mention:
Five O'clock People, one of the greatest indie bands of all time, (as rated by the universally accepted "Tim's obviously superior taste in music" scale, defined in "AESSSS standard 42.b&c, digital audio miscommunications protocols" J.Aws.Soc.bams. 37 (2008), the dusty one sitting in the corner of the student lounge, on the lower right margin of page 1024), just came out with a new CD.

Freshman year, first week at college, I didn't want to shell out the $5 dollar cover charge for a gig they had in the gym at Penn State. Myron drug me kicking and screaming the whole way. I still maintain it was the best live show I've ever seen - depressingly so. No pumping lights or expensive equipment - they just sounded so darn good. I can't figure out how people with 300x the budget, pumping lights and professional roadies can't touch how just plain good they sounded. Anyway, in addition to Jacob's blog, enjoy the music.

2 Comments:

Blogger Myron Marston said...

One correction: The Five O'Clock People concert was in the SPU gym, not the Penn State gym. But yes, it was an amazing show. Although, I don't think I'd rank it as the best concert I've been to. Here's my rankings of best shows I've been to:

1. Nickel Creek - September, 2001, Paramount Theater, Seattle.
2(tie). Five O'Clock People - the show you just mentioned.
2(tie). Sigur Ros - September, 2005, Paramount Theater, Seattle.
4(tie). U2, Vertigo Tour - April 2005, Key Arena, Seattle.
4(tie). Sufjan Stevens - Two shows which were equally amazing, and I forget the dates :(. One was at Neumo's and the other was at the Triple Door, both in Seattle.

8:34 PM  
Blogger tmm said...

Yeah my bad... PSU, SPU, what's the real difference anyway

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home