Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Now playing

So, a long dryspell just ended in my never-ending quest for great music, and here are some bands or song collections that I have recently discovered are really excellent

Amadou and Mariam
Album: Sou Ni Tile
- Blind husband and wife duet from Mali that make incredible music. Like Habib Koite but rougher on the edges, and with more punch and energy.

Howl
Album: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Birthday present from Josh. Being the pop king of the world, his approval probably means more to you than anything I could come up with, so I'll leave it at that.

Firefly
Album: soundtrack
- Introduced to this TV series by long time buddy John Lang (fatty). Not only does the series have the most interesting vision of the future I've ever seen, but the soundtrack is a smooth blend of bluesy slide-guitars, fiddles and... shakahachis??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home