Wednesday, July 12, 2006

婚禮以後

I don't think they could have asked for a better wedding. It was incredibly excellent. What was most amazing was how the entire Evengelical Free Church community in Pullman pulled together to make it the way it was. I couldn't believe our warehouse-converted church could look that nice. Somehow, (well, through a lot of effort) they made it work. The bridesmaids were beautiful, but Marian was absolutely gorgeous. Jacob and the groomsmen looked sharp too... Pastor Busby's words were heavy and pointed, but the whole process was so full of rejoicing that even at the most solemn parts the atmosphere of joy was barely contained. The reception afterwards was fantastic, and there were people from all over that we hadn't seen in a long time. Really... it was great. Decorating their car was fun too.

And being that now both my sisters are married, everyone was asking me when I'M gonna get married. Ugh. Look... I got a lady I'm working on right now, but since my history with women looks more like a freight train pile-up than anything else, it might take a while. But this is the kicker [should even post this?]: at the reception, a man that I have really respected for years offered me his daughter in marriage (he laughed and said she'd be horrified at this).

????????????!!?!?!?!

That was, uh... weird. I have always thought that earning the respect of the father will be the hardest and most terrifying aspect of courting a woman. So, to know that someone already respects me enough to say "I'd be happy to have you as a son in law" almost knocked me off balance. But I don't take it as a personal compliment so much as a comment about my parents and family in general. I wish I could be as respectable a man as my dad... but not even close, yet, and the path looks to be a long one

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to have you as a son-in-law too. Seriously. But it ain't gonna happen.

Glad the wedding worked.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home