Saturday, July 15, 2006

I am beginning to think randomness is an illusion

If I made a blog of all the really... *weird* coincidences and strange things that occur in my life, it would not be a short blog. I've posted some before, but here are some more:

1)
Doris Heritage was my SPU XC and Track coach. I sucked at XC to be honest, but she was really great. Tough as nails, and an un-surpassable list of records and championship titles. Supposedly, she ripped off her ear when she was a kid, and laughed, cause she thought it was funny. (I guess they sowed it back on). Anyway, she was one of my dad's best friends at Seattle Pacific. So, even though I was slow as molasses when I ran for SPU, she seemed to like me anyway.

FF to now. I have been franticly trying to find a place to stay for a couple months, cause my lease ends soon but I might be leaving to study abroad in a couple months. Nobody rents for a couple months, but a dear lady at my church found out about my problem, and offered to let me rent a room from her. Its a little out of the way in a nearby town, (Boalsburg) but I went out to take a look, cause it sure would beat staying in a tent. Anyway, I started talking with her, and found out that she is one of Doris' best friends and was also a national track star. She emails her every day.

Do you know how weird it is, to travel to poe-dunk-ville Pennsylvania, and run into one of your old XC coach's best friends? Just cause she was offering you a place to rent?? That is so... weird.

2)
I was arguing about something with God (not recommended, btw). I knew something was right, but I did not want to do it. I was grocery shopping, and it occured to me that one of my friends was leaving State College, and it sucked that I never got to say goodbye. So I started praying "Lord... may I please see so-and-so before she takes off." But I stopped mid sentence cause I remembered that I was still arguing with God, and everyone knows that God's not gonna listen to you if you've been bad, right? Or, atleast, I figured he SHOULDN'T. Cause I wouldn't, if I wasn't at peace with someone. And so I hung on to my stubborness. Then, after I finished and was walking out of the store, there she was, comming in. And she was very happy to see me before she took off, and it was great.

That is so weird. That never happens. I hardly ever run into anyone, much less anyone I was thinking about just prior to running into them. Nor in the context of a larg-ish town where there are certainly enough people (80,000+) to keep those sorts of things from occuring.

So, yeah, I repented. With much joy and thanksgiving, too. That was so cool.


It's almost like... Magnolia

3 Comments:

Blogger Lincoln Davis said...

That's great Tim. I love those little reinforcements of faith through provision in the small things--it's interesting though; I was just thinking about the does-God-listen-when-you're-being-a-putz issue, and then I read this blog. Looks like He does. But better not to be a putz.

7:43 AM  
Blogger tmm said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home