Sunday, January 29, 2006

Validated! (in a different sort of way)

Grace is the craziest thing and why God lets me meet the people I do, I will never know. Today is the new year for over a billion people across the world, and a friend of mine, Hien, (on the far right) invited me to a Vietnamese New-Year party. This semester has been a bit rough for me so far, but I can honestly say that last night was one of the best times I have had out East. I had a blast hanging out with everyone at the table, from talking about Greece with Gregorius and having a differential equation contest with Thinh to finally playing my pennywhistle for Hien. The company was fantastic. The food was amazing. I have never eaten crab legs that tasty, and the spring rolls were totally sw33t!

Lastly, it has been confirmed - Vietnamese is officially the hardest language for an English speaker to pronounce. It bobs up and down so fast, and you make notes from low in your throat to way up in your head. It reminds me of a bubbling brook.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lincoln Davis said...

Hey Tim,

Send me an email sometime. We're both out East; we should hang out.

Davis
anotherdayisgone@hotmail.com

10:23 AM  
Blogger tmm said...

Ben, Annapolis Maryland? That is 200 miles from State College. If you need a place to stay, I have an air mattress, plenty of room in my apartment, and lots of bacon and pancake mix. It is about 3 hours away from Annapolis though.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home