Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Yamakagashi

Since posting this, I've been reading more about the symptoms from this snake's bites, and I decided that I don't think it was smart to catch it. I don't think I'll do it again, and I certainly don't recommend doing it. But it is a pretty snake, and I am uploading a video of its release on Youtube, that I will post when it is approved.

I found this snake (name - "Yamakagashi") while walking down to the Kawa-Uchi campus today. It is venomous, but it is rear-fanged so envenomation is difficult. It is also fairly non-aggressive, which is why I caught it. The Mamushi (the other poisonous snake in the region) is also venomous, but it is front fanged and very aggressive. I wouldn't have tried to catch that snake.

1 Comments:

Blogger Colin Clout said...

Is that the same type you tried to catch and blogged about earlier?

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home