Wednesday, August 02, 2006

question


Sometimes the whole club and cave thing sounds appealing. Until I look in the mirror and see a 6'2 165 guy staring back at me.

So I have a question for the couple people who look at my blog every day:

When should a guy quit, when he is interested in getting to know a certain girl but she doesn't want to? If he is determined that a particular girl is wonderful, and if he finds that he has a capacity to extend love and grace to this girl more than any other girl that he has ever met, but it doesn't look like she's interested, when should he give up?

My mom didn't like my dad at first. Infact, she told him "Philip, I WILL NEVER MARRY YOU." And, uh, look at them now. If my dad quit, he wouldn't have ended up with the supremely amazing woman that is my mother, and my sister's and I wouldn't be here.

Also, thinking about Paula and Josh here. Josh had to jump over 2 1/2 million hurdles (a minor one being me, but that's besides the point) to end up with the love of his life, Paula. If he had been a quitter (and that guy's not) then both of their lives would be a lot lamer right now.

But then again, something about both of these situations is that, even if the woman did not initially feel attracted or inclined to the man, they still had significant amounts of confrontation and personal interaction between the two. Whereas in my case, I seem to be getting more and more friggin... ignored... durn it. But heck... tenaciousness pays off, sometimes, right?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit or not... I don't think you could get any good suggestions from others. Only God knows which girl is for you. Please calm down and pray for this. You parents and sister's case let me see the God's hand behind it. Even though the person is not attractive, but if this one is from God, they will have a blessed marriage. God creats marriage and He has a good plan for everyone, so, it is the time to ask! Many blessings!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Colin Clout said...

I was going to post a reply here, but it got to long, so I posted it at my blog.

3:17 PM  
Blogger tmm said...

Ben, Matt, thanks. Anon: $50 says I can [get good suggestions] if they've got the right credentials. Also, where'd you get the idea that she is not attractive, or that I hadn't expressed my thoughts/intentions to her?

2:25 PM  
Blogger Theologic said...

Does my sister know that you are giving intimate details of her dating years?

Your Uncle

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home