Thursday, April 13, 2006

Success!


So, uh, this is why I haven't been getting much sleep recently. But we just tested it and it worked gorgeously!!

Top set
1: Glider w/my probe mounted
2: My advisor and the glider pilot
3: The glider being towed out

Bottom set
1: My probe. The thing sticking out is a $1000+ microphone, and the latex on the sides covers a bunch of smaller microphones mounted in the side of the tube.
2: (Inside of the glider) The diagonal thing poking in from the upper right corner is the bottom half of the probe, and the cables go my extra-crammed home-brew amplifier box on the far left w/the cables sticking out. These go into the GX recorder (under the blue foam) which costs about $25000. I'm scared to drop it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty amazing. So glad it worked. :)

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home