Saturday, March 18, 2006

God works in the details

So, two strange things that happened to me recently

1)
At the Detroit airport, I was waiting in line for a hamburger. I really really REALLY wanted a bacon hamburger. So did the guy infront of me. It turns out that they used up the last bit of bacon they had for his hamburger. So, a little angry, I settled for a regular hamburger that cost $2 less.

fast forward 3 hours.

I get back to the state college airport tired and needing a ride. I spot a Taxi, and I ask him to take me to my apartment. We get there, and the fare is 16.05.

I have just enough to pay it. Suddenly I don't feel so angry about the bacon anymore.

2)
My advisor and I were asked to cook up a measurement system to attach to a glider for recording sonic booms. My advisor randomly orders some streamlined tubing. Turns out, with the least effort imaginable, it perfectly fits (like a glove) this oddly dimensioned microphone coupler I needed to mount on it. Saves me boatloads of time and frustration. This sort of thing does not happen.


[insert Doxology here]

1 Comments:

Blogger Lincoln Davis said...

Nice. I love those moments, but they end up being painful when God uses the details to teach you a humbling lesson. Thanks for posting this.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home