Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Man and Wife

So, they did it. Paula and Josh tied the knot. And man... I thought I was gonna be bummed about it and I was trying to be excited about it, before hand. But actually, it really was the coolest thing ever, I had nothing to worry about! Man... my sister was just soooo happy, and she was absolutely luminous. It's crazy, I have never seen my sister so gorgeous, I think that is what being loved must do to a person, it makes them more lovely. If there is one thing that makes me like Josh, it is that: he loves her sooo much.

Well, aside from my sister getting married a few other great things happened in my few short days at home. Fed mentally, spiritually, and physically by my wonderful parents. Also my Pastor, Doug Busby. Hung out with my great friends John Lang, Matt Petersen, and Craig Pope. It was so good to see them, John helped out a ton for the wedding. My friend with the bright little face, Ye-eun, was home, and it was a pleasure to see her. She used to live at our house but is becoming quite the artist at the Art Institute of Chicago now. Saw my friend Neal Fryett, who continually kicked my butt on the SPU and Logos track and cross country teams. Not that I'm bitter against him. We both hate running now. But he still made me run naked across a field that one time... grrrr. Atleast it was at night. Hmmm who else did I see. Briefly ran into Ben and he seemed to be doing well, holding his new daughter (of the lovely name "Ophelia grace"). Also, Davis, though I didn't talk with him much, he seemed to look well. Bumped into Katie, who is a really interesting person. My fantastically talented cousin Myron composed an arrangement of "maybe I'm amazed" for a string quartet in the wedding. Wow. Oh man, also my little sister, and her fiance Jacob, that guy is such a stud I can hardly believe it.

I am right now sitting back and wondering how I ended up in the company of such great people. I'm not bragging about how great my life is, I got plenty of problems. It is God's gift of grace to me, not something I deserve. And the gift doesn't just extend to my interactions with people in Pullman - here at Penn state, I have been surrounded by wonderful Christian friends that I don't deserve, have one of the best advisors I can hope for, and a relatively good idea of where I am going. I can not figure out why God is so good to me, when I am such a screw-up so often, but then I think that he must really delight in us and that is a great and encouraging thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home