Monday, August 23, 2010

Glass lizard

I didn't think I'd catch one so soon, but while trapsing back to Jon's place this evening Hilary spotted something slithering through the grass. Instict took over and I caught it. I brought my thrashing prize back to Hilary. Because it was wiggling so violently I couldn't tell what it was at first (other than that it was not a poisonous snake), but I had a hunch that it wasn't a snake because it wasn't biting me. I grabbed it's head, and saw this (click on link please)! That's not the one I caught, I let it go because its tail came off and it was smearing me with blood. I let the thing go, and it mysteriously slid underground immediately. A legless lizard is the bizarrest thing, but it was really neat.

Thanks for all the comments; I apologize for being unresponsive we've been trying to work on getting our house set up over here but I'm happy to see that people are following it

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have at least one of these in my front flower bed (much smaller though) - it keeps scaring me b/c I think it is a snake...poor thing has only escaped death narrowly several times!
-Jody

10:03 AM  
Blogger thebeloved said...

What makes it a lizard and not a snake?

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home