Wednesday, June 16, 2010

blog JPEG problems

Hi,
I would like to post more photos of Hong Kong but I am noticing a strange problem with my blog. I used to be able to easily post ~100 kB photos, which was nice because I could get away with low compression. For some reason now, blogspot is automatically compressing my photos (even though I have hundreds of MB's free), and the quality is so bad that it makes my eyes sore. I noticed the same problem on Hilary's blog. When I click on the photo to enlarge and look at the file size, it has been massively reduced from the size of the photo that I uploaded to blogger.

The same thing happens on Hilary's blog - the file size is reduced and JPEG artifacts become painfully obvious.

Does someone know a way around this? I can't fine a quality setting on the upload portion... I might have to resort to opening another blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home